Article: Deep Breathing

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Falling is part of the journey
  • Thank you received: 157

Nick created the topic: Article: Deep Breathing

I found this article interesting. I plan to check up on the biological aspects in the near future, but my first hand experience with deep breathing agrees with the article. Deep breathing is used for mindfulness, meditation, and focus, but stress reduction is typically how I apply it throughout the day. Take a deep breath and relax. I've been using it with my kids since they were tiny. They resist, but now I may have some scientific evidence to pitch to them.

www.thecut.com/2018/12/what-deep-breathing-does-to-your-body.html

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1853

Jax replied the topic: Article: Deep Breathing

Very cool. I'm just starting to learn about the sympathetic nervous system. It's becoming mainstream, though we are spoiled with a fairly progressive university and medical system here in Denver. I want to read this again later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Nick

• Thank you received: 2

Crystal replied the topic: Article: Deep Breathing

Nice! I learned that when you take deep breaths, the hypothalamus (that's connected to the pituitary gland in the brain) gets activated. It starts to send signals to stop the stress-producing hormone from releasing or spreading. This allows the body to respond by relaxing. I do meditation with the crystals I got from www.crystal-shop.co .

Along with this, signals are also sent to the endocrine system to release hormones that help to regulate normal activities throughout the body i.e. slowing heartbeat to a regular pace, etc. In a nutshell, breathing deeply tells your body that you are not in a fight or flight situation, hence it will stop producing adrenaline for then and you will calm down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Nick

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds