Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1849

Jax created the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

This illustrates how we can easily confuse truth and not truth.

Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

Flawed premises that you have picked up along your physical trail can fall by the wayside, one by one, and you can return to the understanding that is at the core of that which you are. (But in order to discover or understand a false or flawed premise, you have to stand back far enough and reconnect with who-you-really-are before you can see it.) If you were to hear a false premise again and again, until you yourself began to believe and repeat it, now your own activation of the contradictory Vibration would interfere with your own sense of intelligence, and you would begin to attract evidence of your lack of intelligence, in effect proving the false premise to be true. And so, it becomes increasingly hard for you to call this a "false" premise when the evidence seems to be telling you that it is true, for over time you come to believe it is true.

---Abraham

Excerpted from: The Vortex on August 31, 2009

Our Love,
Esther (and Abraham and Jerry)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dogan Nar II
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Thank you received: 11

Dogan Nar II replied the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

Confirmation bias is a major problem. We're certainly all guilty of it at times and with certain topics.

This is why independent research and critical thought process is crucial. Read articles that don't agree with your point of view. Talk to other people who have views other than yours. Test your ideas through self-questioning. Why do I believe this? What experiences have I had that agree with this? What experies have I had that disagree? What is the logic behind this point? Are there any logic fallacies? How would I defend this point of view to someone who disagrees? Etc etc etc

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

That assumes a person knows what a logical fallacy is. And that they value logic or even reality. ;-)

• Dogan Nar II
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Thank you received: 11

Dogan Nar II replied the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

Then there lies the first bit of research needed :D

Well, true. However, there are certain presumptions made of certain people--people reading discussion topics on a Jedi group, for one. I would presume they care about logic and reality. May not be true in 100% of cases but it's an acceptable assumption

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

But even logic can lead you away from truth, as much of reality is not provable by normal means.

• Thank you received: 6

Isen SoRac III replied the topic: Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence...

Logic doesn't exclude the less physical aspects of reality.
logic is more of a guide than an absolute.
Do you define logic with the subject teached in algebra(at least where I am) example: A=true B=true A V B = True
Or as common sense. It's not rare I find myself not really understanding where the arrow is aimed, but It's probably nothing to do with the writer and more with the reader
heh. spoiler alert...Me. :ponder

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds