Reflecting Your Shadow

• Jesse Alexander
  • Jesse  Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Jesse Alexander created the topic: Reflecting Your Shadow

Have you ever been outside on a sunny day and caught your shadow following you?, or in some cases when the sun is behind you it seems to be a few steps ahead of you? Well pay attention to your shadow; it does essentially the same functions of yourself. Now what if we were to place ourselves in place of our shadows? What does a shadow express? The shadow path doesn’t necessarily mean a dark path, think of it more as a guide. Let us become a mirrored image of our shadows it shows neither happiness, nor sadness; nor right nor wrong. Our shadows are quiet, calm and always by our side; ever loyal and never straying away from us. These are all characteristics that we could use in our lives.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 451

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Reflecting Your Shadow

Hey Jesse,

While these are interesting questions you posit, I have some follow up ones for you to maybe help us better understand the direction of your post.
What does your Shadow side mean to you? How is it similar or different from the dark side (path)?
And, how are you aligning yourself in general? Do you see yourself as a Light side Jedi? Grey? Something else?

Thanks,
Phoenix

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Jesse Alexander
  • Jesse  Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Jesse Alexander replied the topic: Reflecting Your Shadow

Thanks for the questions, I would consider myself to be a Jedi Mystic/Philosopher viewing both the light and the dark-side without bias to one another. I prefer not to use the title "Grey" as I do not agree with the Grey code as I believe that it contradicts itself in too many ways. My shadow side means to me the universal forces that are at play that are not seen with the eye's and learning how to harness those powers.

• Thank you received: 1423

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Reflecting Your Shadow

As David already pointed out, it is easy and a sort of common "trap" to associate "shadow" with the "dark". That is why I'm happy that You, Jesse Alexander, answered the follow-up questions of David and gave us a better understanding of how You see it, take it and where You are coming from.
Back when I started my studies on the Jedi Realist Path, I felt attracted or maybe better said more in line with the Grey Jedi aspects. Nowadays I have to say I don't care about those "titles" or "classes". My point of view is now for me exactly that, MY point of view and this might be more in line with some and less with others but I don't feel the need of "classify" it. That is why I do like your approach and comparing the qualities of our shadow with traits we, as Jedi, should "show" or earn. So, yes, our shadow is always there and with us but it is untouched by what happens outside and moves with "the flow". The only thing I don't like about shadows in general is that they have no physical presence, no solidity and therefore have no real influence nor can they have one on the "outside" world.
That is why I would say, getting one with your shadow, earning its good qualities, traits is something we should think about in all earnestly but we should become our or a shadow.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jesse Alexander

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 451

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Reflecting Your Shadow

Thanks for adding to that Yoshio. I don't really have anything to add as Yoshio went where I was going with my questions.

I do want to say though that this brings up an interesting topic I am currently studying which is Segregation in the Jedi Path- how every time someone feels "diverse" or different from the "common core" Jedi, we feel the need to split off. I think, as a whole, we need to move more towards embracing our diversity and using it to expand the path that is already laid before us, rather than branching off. For example, if you feel called to "grey" or want to understand your shadow more, I feel as long as you follow the core of the Jedi, you are still a Jedi. Rather, instead of branching off, after studying the Shadow, bring back what you've learned so that you can help others along the path as well.

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jesse Alexander, Victoria

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds