Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

• Jesse Alexander
  • Jesse  Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Jesse Alexander created the topic: Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

Yin & Yang Built Into Everything.
We live in a world today where we know things by identification, we name things, treat others differently from person to person; we feel different things such as cold, hot, wet, dry. We express different feelings and emotions as we go through life we have our highs and we have our lows, our up’s and down’s if you will. We all know the four seasons: Winter, Summer, Spring & Fall. Each of these we differ. But what if I told you that none of these were real? Hmmm. What would you respond to that? What if I told you hidden in the Yin & Yang symbol is the answer to every question you have ever had? The truth is we are all one. Winter, Summer, Spring & Fall, Night & Day Morning, Midday, Evening, Night. Black, White, Green, Red, Yellow, Grey. All varying degrees of one thing. Take for example a mountain with the sun rising or setting behind it. One side of the mountain is dark but the other side is light. No matter which direction we look at it; it is still a mountain is it not? What about Hot and Cold? Temperature, just varying degrees of the same thing. Yin & Yang is built into every aspect of our lives. Take your hand for example. Place your hand in front of your face with the palm and the front of your hand out of your vision vertically where your hand looks flat. If you look closely you will see that there is a light side and a dark side but in between the light and dark there is varying degrees of both the light and dark that fades into one another and becomes “The One”. This my friends is the true nature of the universe.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

I like to look at it as riding the waves, going with the flow, seeing the cycles. This is another way to approach it. Most important is that, as you say, the things are still the things. It's all about the perspective and point in the cycle you are in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jesse Alexander

• Thank you received: 1441

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

I dearly hope You, Jesse Alexander, don't mind that I pushed your topic over to the "Spirituality, Religion and Philosophy" area as it doesn't read like a "Training Journal" and by doing so, I do hope that your post catches more attention.

As I studied and still study about Feng Shui, Yin-Yang, obviously, is one of the key topics in this study. Often Yin-Yang is seen and understood as the duality which opposes each other and although this is true, it is also true that the one cannot be without the other and therefore building, creating this circle which finally, for me, leads to the one or wholeness of things.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Jesse Alexander

• Jesse Alexander
  • Jesse  Alexander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Jesse Alexander replied the topic: Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

Of course it's fine you moved it here. I'm still trying to get used to the forum boards so I appreciate you pushing it over to the proper place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Ying & Yang Built Into Everything

"When people see some things as beautiful, other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good, other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

Therefore the Master acts without doing anything and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come; things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess, acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever." - Tao Te Ching, Chapter 2

This has always been my favorite chapter because it takes a step beyond intrinsic-dichotomy to point out how fickle notoriety is. He's dumb, she's tall, that's gorgeous, I'm an expert. All these are vague statements without knowing what it takes to be considered smart, or short, or ugly, or inexperienced and even then completely subjective in terms of merit. It's good to have definitions so we can communicate coherently but it's also good to maintain perspective that the very words we use are contrived.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds