Yet it does not outlive its usefulness.
Great fullness seems empty,
Yet it cannot be exhausted.

Great straightness seems twisted.
Great intelligence seems stupid.
Great eloquence seems awkward.

Movement overcomes cold.
Stillness overcomes heat.
Stillness and tranquillity restore order in the universe.

Source: daily-tao.com/

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 452

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Weekly Tao: Week of May 23

I really enjoyed this week's Tao because I think it plays very well to the modified Jedi Code. The original Jedi Code goes: "There is not emotion, but there is Peace." While a more modified code is, "There is emotions, yet Peace." I use the modified code in my daily meditations. We as humans, and even Jedi, have emotions. It is a part of who we are, and is not something we should ignore, but there is opportunities to create peace in any situation we have.

This Tao , at least the first part, seems to mirror that same thought. We can do great things, yet that does not make us perfect. The balance between ignorance and intelligence, or twistedness and straightness, its not that one is better than the other, but that they complement each other. In a sense, this quote is so much the essence of Tao: contradiction, yet balance...duality.

What do you get from this?

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin replied the topic: Weekly Tao: Week of May 23

Get out of your head. No perfect time. No perfect plan. No perfectly empty canvas. Derive meaning later, go do something while there's something to do! Then when you burn out, stop when it's time to stop.

That's my projection of the chapter. :)

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds