Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - What would they say to you? - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

What would they say to you?

• Thank you received: 127

Setanaoko created the topic: What would they say to you?

Fiona is a dear friend of mine (she does tarot readings) that I met as a result of my connections to the Okinawan Military Pagan community. Recently embarked on a spiritual journey to connect with her ancestors via a "Ancestor Healer". Below is a link to her blog on what she experienced.

fionabenjamintarot.tumblr.com/post/96704580292/review-of-ancestor-healings-reading-service

So I wonder, if you look at your own life, what do you think your own ancestors would say of the person you have become? Do you think they would be proud? Disgusted? Indifferent? Why?

Then, after that is answered- ask yourself: Do I care what they believe? A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1951

Kol Drake replied the topic: What would they say to you?

Mine? Immediate ancestors -- "Slacker!"

Let's face it -- anyone born after WWII in the US has had a pretty nice life. Okay, some are from poor or abusive backgrounds but compared to say, starving to death in the streets in the armpit of India or a sex slave in southeast asia -- life in the old USA has been 'not bad'. And practically a breeze compared to those who had to forge the frontier or fight 'brother against brother' in the many small or big 'wars' between ideologies.

Go back 'before' the discovery of America and -- even in the most ideal of times, life was pretty sucky. Famine, pestilence, power hungry idiots who took all you owned or loved 'just because', and for most, serfdom not royalty... not that all the royals were as 'pretty' as those in the PBS melodramas... they had their share of genetic issues, pestilence, and rebellions where one positively lost their head over issues!

How does their opinion affect me today?
Not certain. I mean, in some theoretical hand waves, 'they' are as much 'now' as my 'now' is... so they shape me as much as I shape them I suppose. Am I 'a disappointment' because I am not up before dawn milking chickens and chasing cows and pulling a plow? Don't think so. If they had television and newspapers (heck, even toilet paper!) they might get a bit 'soft around the edges' too.

Then again, I'm not certain 'they' could survive in today's world any more than I could in 'their' world/time. Most of those guys and gals lived lives that made 20 somethings seem like they were in their 80s. That kind of thing can break a spirit pretty fast... even if you KNEW that beat up old blue box was going to show 'sometime' to rescue you.

• Thank you received: 1501

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: What would they say to you?

As Kol Drake already said it or at least I think that is what he wanted to say, so please correct me if I got it wrong, some of our ancestors might see us as having gotten a bit soft on how we take and handle things and how we behave but on the other hand, as they are our ancestors, I also feel that, if one is living a ‘good’ and with ‘good’ I do mean a life which serves the community, they would be proud of us. In my opinion our ancestors wouldn’t be much different than our parents or grandparents are. Times are changing and so is life and as long as we stay true to our selves, I do feel that there is nothing one could or should be disgusted.

As for me, although I don’t know how they are thinking about me, I have to honestly say that I do hope that they do see me the way I described above as it is for me of some importance that those whom I meet do not feel disgusted about me. This should not mean that I’m looking for that they prise me in the highest notes but that we could at least meet on a polite, if not friendly base, ground.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: What would they say to you?

I've had conversations with two relatives who passed in the last 10 years or so. My wife has also had conversations with ancestors and relatives, so I actually have direct experience. In all cases, they have a much better understanding of us and our lives than we do. They are always loving and always proud. Even when I ask of my brother who struggles in life I'm told that he's fine and simply has to work through his own stuff.

My wife's great grandmother used to stress the importance of blood. Since she passed, she's amended that and apologized for not seeing the damage that belief did. There's a great difference between human understanding and spiritual understanding.

If you think an ancestor is judging you, it is either a lie based on a projection of your own self judgment, or that person isn't your actual ancestor, or they haven't left the earthly plane and don't have a realistic perspective on reality. They may be critical, if you need a swift kick in the pants, but it will always be based in love, just like a spirit guide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: What would they say to you?

As for the specific link, it is based entirely in a human belief system. It's not based on ultimate truth, but it is a filtering of truth through a human belief system that allows the person to receive the information. It won't apply to everyone, only those who follow a similar belief system. This is why there are so many experiences and belief systems in the world. Humans come up with many different ways to explain things so it makes sense to them.

Ancestry only means what you make it mean. Some families do have a strong energetic line, such as in my wife's family. Even people she hasn't met have a strong connection eneretically. But that doesn't mean that her ancestors actually know more. She has her various spirit guides. They are her advisers, and they certainly are not of her line. The Universe is far bigger than simply ancestors. To go into it would get rather complicated I fear, and only a few would want to hear it anyway. Hopefully this is sufficient to answer your question.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds