Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods - Page 2 - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1951

Kol Drake replied the topic: My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods

98% -- :wow Congratz!

Well.. guess I was cranky on my entire assessment rather then the one bit. :stars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Taijibum
  • Taijibum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Wannabe
  • Thank you received: 81

Taijibum replied the topic: My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods

Cranky is good. What if I get a cranky professor? I gotta be ready!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

heh.. like an old dog, I can't let some bones go.

The 10,000 hours to become 'an expert' -- found this YouTube (23+ minutes) which says that is a slightly skewed view and that you can become good if not better then good in 20 hours (30-40 minutes a day).
Just thought it might be 'of note' if you come across that quote again (or want to spend 20 hours on something exceptional!).

• Taijibum
  • Taijibum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Wannabe
  • Thank you received: 81

Taijibum replied the topic: My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods

20 hours to get the basics. 10,000 hours to be world class. I have his book and he doesn't dispute the 10,000 hr rule. The research is solid.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

10,000 hrs / 10 years of ultra competitive fields but note he says it is a caveat on that... the research is valid 'as far as it goes'... it does NOT take 10,000 hrs to "learn something".

The speaker indicates that you can go from 'nothing' to 'really good' in 20 hrs (30-40 minutes a day for about a month). True, not world class but, HUGE difference between 20 hrs and 10 yrs.

AND, he notes later -- if you 'do' your 20 hrs and have reached that 'level' of competence and wish to 'go further'... then put in another 20 hrs attaining the next set of 'sub-skills' to get you to that higher pinnacle.

Granted, I will give you the 'ten year rule'... since for decades, I have heard the old saw -- "Every overnight success came from 10 years of grinding to get there." Be it sports or singing or whatever, the more you intensely 'do', the more you improve; although, most of the improvement tends to be incremental after 'the beginning' -- since you are polishing what you have gained in those first few years.

• Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: My philosophy paper- Mysticism Without Gods

In the 4 hour chef it's discussed how to get around the 10,000 hour rule. Like any rule, it is true, if you follow the same methods. If you look for other possibilities, however, you can become world class in less than 10,000 hours. But it takes an entirely new way of thinking and approach.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds