Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Tao - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Tao

• shea (shlomit)
  • shea (shlomit)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 92

shea (shlomit) created the topic: Tao

hello,
i was wondering if there is an article or a book about jedism and the tao religion?
i've allready read the article in the libaray and would really like to learn more.
:thanks

..."Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty

Careless realism costs souls"....(-Nightwish)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1951

Kol Drake replied the topic: Tao

Here is a web site which speaks to 'being a Jedi' / the Force and Taoism and the Tao Te Ching...

The Jedi Exist - Jedi Origins/Taoism

If you wish to read all the Tao Te Ching, here is a barebones site (no commentary with each stanza) --

Translation of the Tao Te Ching

I'm a fan of the '<insert topic> and Philosophy' series. Some great ones on the first Matrix movie, Superheroes and Star Wars...

Amazon.com - Star Wars and Philosophy

I've only glossed through it but some folks like another offering -- and since the author, Matthew Bortolin, is an ordained member of Thich Nhat Hanh's Buddhist community, he is well qualified to write of the Buddhist view of the Force, etc.

Amazon.com - The Dharma of Star Wars

Of course, there are a bazillion books which can help 'fire up' the urge for spiritual fulfillment AND touch on 'every day living' aspects of spirituality without anyone having to be rigorously indoctrinated into a belief system (like Tibetan Buddhism) from birth. Eating, living, breathing the Tao since childhood as an aspect of life is a tad different from someone coming into it after a lifetime molded by another culture/philosophy. Still, one can learn and take in what resonates...

You can always look up some of these titles from Amazon --
-- Urban Shaman
-- Secrets of Shamanism: Tapping the Spirit Power Within You
-- Amazing Secrets of Psychic Healing
-- You the Healer: The World-Famous Silva Method on How to Heal Yourself and Others
-- Shadow Strategies of an American Ninja Master
-- The Art of Chi Kung: Making the Most of Your Vital Energy
-- Redneck Shaman
-- Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation

and on and on.

From the IJRS -- there are a few posts where folks do their Intro work and equate the Force to the Tao... some are very well thought through. Heck, we even touch on religion and philosophy in places like the 'welcome' area... here's one from 6 years ago... (ya, it's my long winded soapbox post in a welcome... I get wound up at odd moments.)

IJRS Forum - Welcome

But even 3 years ago, we were still debating which is what and is being a Jedi a religion or a philosophy... let alone WHICH Earthly religion (or philosophy) tends to be closest to what the IJRS (or anyone) feels is the Jedi 'Way'.

IJRS Forum - Philosophy vs Religion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taijibum, Jax, shea (shlomit)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds