Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

• J. K. Barger
  • J. K. Barger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 80

J. K. Barger created the topic: Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

www.dbnl.org/tekst/staa009adva01_01/staa009adva01_01.pdf

A real Jedi gem, here is a source I've referred to in my "Introduction to Meditative Literature" independent study. Raises some very, very insightful issues that I'd be more than willing to bounce of anyone.

Hope it finds you well this week,

MTFBWY
:yoda :yoda :yoda

Th

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

This stuff is really dense for me. I haven't studied philosophy, or know anything about these philosophies. Perhaps you could do a project that translates this in a simpler document to give someone a shorter overview into these?

• J. K. Barger
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

J. K. Barger replied the topic: Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

LOL I'm still workin' on my project/independent study of meditative literature!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted this for folks to read and bring up anything that catches their eye. Staal is an excellent that has much to contribute to Jedi lore studies. This comparison between two very quintessential philosophic developments is not only a heady subject, but the process and inspiration for doing so needs some attention drawn to it. Comparative studies, which he is a pioneer of, necessitates a certain quality of mindfulness that must be adressed before you really dive into something, and he makes this clear in the start of his paper.

Perhaps we could start there? :cheer:

What role do/can the Jedi play in the field of comparative studies? More specifically, how have the comparisons (and differences) drawn between this two major modalities influenced the world views that we are experimenting with/living with today?

Th

• Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

The role played depends on the person. For those with an interest in comparative studies, then I think this could be a good reference to open up some possibilities. It isn't my area of interest, but I bet there are plenty around who would enjoy this. It's a natural extension of taking some philosophy classes.

• J. K. Barger
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Absolutely. I hope someone reads it for the sake of discussion.

Th

• Thank you received: 81

Taijibum replied the topic: Comparison of Advaita Vedanta and Neoplatonism

Give me some time, I just downloaded it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

• J. K. Barger
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Taijibum- you ever get a chance to look this over??

Th

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds