Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Daily Spiritual Guidance: - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Daily Spiritual Guidance:

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor created the topic: Daily Spiritual Guidance:

I subscribe to a lot of email quote letters. I always read some new thing that makes a difference in my life.

So, I'm gonna start posting a quotation here daily. Feel free to read and respond, or post your own quotations.

FIRST ONE!

The next time you lose heart and you can’t bear to experience what you’re feeling, you might recall this instruction: change the way you see it and lean in. Instead of blaming our discomfort on outer circumstances or on our own weakness, we can choose to stay present and awake to our experience, not rejecting it, not grasping it, not buying the stories that we relentlessly tell ourselves. This is priceless advice that addresses the true cause of suffering—yours, mine, and that of all living beings. - Pema Chödrön (Taking the Leap)

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: Daily Spiritual Guidance:

In the tantric tradition there are different approaches or styles of action, and everybody does not have to be uniform. Tantra does not have a one-track mind. There are different kinds of relationships with things, and you can identify yourself with all or one of these. You can take pride in what you are, what you have, your basic nature. Tantra permits different aspects of you to shine through, rather than your having to be channeled into one basic set of characteristics. It allows your basic nature to come through. - Chögyam Trungpa The Lion's Roar.

• Jax
  • Away
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1905

Jax replied the topic: Daily Spiritual Guidance:

Thank you for starting this Connor. I'll contribute as I can, but I'll certainly read daily. :-)

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Please do! Not everybody has time to read whole books, so I figure a paragraph every now and then that you stumble across would do some good.

Thanks for reading.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

"We spend 60% of conversations talking about ourselves. Why? Because it feels good. Using fMRI brain scans researchers from Harvard University showed that discussing our opinions and personality traits activate areas of the brain’s mesolimbic dopamine system -- which is associated with reward and motivation. Activation was greatest when people knew someone was listening to their disclosures, but it happened even when their self-confessions were private. While this may seem self-involved, there are benefits to it: sharing personal information can increase social bonds and enable teamwork -- both of which can promote happiness and even physical health. Share this post with friends and share something about yourself in the comments!" - Lumosity's Facebook page.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

www.cracked.com/blog/5-reminders-we-could-all-use-right-now/

-Careful, this contains a lot of foul language. :)

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds