Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Emotions around the world - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Emotions around the world

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1905

Jax created the topic: Emotions around the world

This is an interesting little article about how emotional countries are, based on surveys. The article explains it, including some standout areas. It isn't a long article, however, with far more questions than answers. Take a look and share your thoughts. How does your experience align with this map?

Link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 151

Dustin replied the topic: Emotions around the world

I'm not seeing your link, but a Google news search pulled < this > up, is that what you're talking about?

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Emotions around the world

I forgot to add a word to make thelink. It's in there now. Your link refers to the article I was linking. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Tothian
  • I destroy evil.
  • Thank you received: 18

Tothian replied the topic: Emotions around the world

Over time and through experiences, my emotions began to fade over the years. That's both a good and bad thing. As I'm unable to feel as much joy, then again I'm equally unable to feel as much sorrow. So it's more like going numb over time.

When I'm asleep, in my dreams I can still sort of feel emotions with more intensity both good and bad. Still not as much as in my dreams when I was younger, but still more intense than when I'm awake.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Life isn't supposed to be numb. Live is meant to be joy! I'm still understanding how to live this way, sensing all the emotions but not letting them have a grip on me. I hope to have more to write on this before long because I want this understanding. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tothian

• Tothian
  • I destroy evil.

I agree with you. One thing I do notice is that each year of my life seems to represent a different experience, that helps me learn different things.

I feel like I have it all in life. I think one thing people don't realize is that once they have it all, it almost feels like there isn't much else to look forward to.

Still, I do find things in life that I enjoy learning, doing, and sharing with others - be it teaching the stuff I learn, or sharing the fun experiences. Doing my part to make this world a better & more interesting place for people.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Oh, there's always more to learn and do. If you don't think so, you've got yourself stuck in some limitation. Screw that! lol

You always have interesting things to share Tothian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tothian

• Tothian
  • I destroy evil.

That's true about there always being more to learn and do. And good point about the part about being stuck in a limitation - somewhat. But even then, there's still plenty of things to learn even from that.

And thanks Jax.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds