Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; multiLangField has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/multilangfield.php on line 10

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; parseString has a deprecated constructor in /home/institut/public_html/components/com_jshopping/lib/parse_string.php on line 2

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 461

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/institut/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php on line 471
Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Random Scribbles - Institute for Jedi Realist Studies

Random Scribbles

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1952

Kol Drake created the topic: Random Scribbles

Just some random, wandering thoughts I've written down over the last couple of years. I bet I tossed out some of this in individual thread posts so forgive if this seems repetitive. And there are the 'seeds' for what sometimes turn into major soapbox lectures. Not feeling very 'soapbox-y' lately so I will just post this and maybe one of the 'new generation' will feel like expounding on one of these nuggets.

+++

Seek to be genuine. Strive to be sincere. If you wish to undo all the “damage” you imagine yourself to have done, demonstrate that in your actions. Do what you can do; then let it rest.

You teach what you have to learn.

It is not necessary to have achieved perfection to speak of perfection.
It is not necessary to have achieved mastery to speak of mastery.
It is not necessary to have achieved the highest levels of evolution to speak of the highest levels of evolution.

Fear and caution are two different things. Be cautious – be conscious – but do not be fearful. Fear only paralyzes, while consciousness mobilizes.

Re: Fear
imo, many like to come to the Force due to it's “lack” of imposed burdens which other philosophies require. The Force is not an old man on a throne waiting for a single 'uh oh' on your part to 'pass judgment' and damn you forever. The Force does not say you were 'cursed' due to some event thousands of years ago when one person passed a bit of fruit to another. Nor does the Force contend that All is suffering and that by learning to 'go beyond suffering' you will be worth enlightenment.

The pure Force (and it's observance) is not fear based. Being One with the Force is not predicated on conditions, demands or exclusivity. The Force is. The Force is the sea in which all matter swims and all is a part of. Ignore it. Accept it. It is as it is.

Cosmic quirkiness: Perhaps a cosmic 'joke'? LIFE is a dichotomy – an experiment wherein two apparently contradictory Truths can exist in the same space at the same time.
[1] “We” are separate
[2] “We” are One in the Force.

Be – Do – Have
Not “have” a thing (more time, more money, more whatever) then one can finally “do” something (write a book, take a trip, buy a home, have an relationship, …) which will then allow the to “be” a thing (happy, content, in love, etc.) This is totally backwards.

First – Be. (happy, knowing, wise, compassionate) Then start “Doing” things from this place of being-ness. Doing this soon winds up bringing you the things you have always wanted to 'Have'.
[ not quite “fake it until you make it” but... ]

Everything you do, do out of sincerity or the benefit of the action is lost. Part of the “natural law” which requires body, mind and spirit to be united in thought, word, and deed (action) for the process of creation to work.

Grief that is continually repressed becomes chronic depression.
Anger that is continually repressed becomes rage.
Envy that is continually repressed becomes jealousy.
Fear that is continually repressed becomes panic.
Love that is continually repressed becomes possessiveness.

Power comes from inner strength.
Inner strength does not come from raw power.
Power without inner strength is an illusion.
Inner strength without unity is a lie.

Keep in mind that what you are looking at; you are not really “seeing”.

Your brain is not the source of your intelligence; it is simply a data processor. It takes in data through receptors called 'your senses'. It interprets this 'energy in formation' according to it's previous data on the subject. It tells you what it perceives, not what really is. Based on these perceptions, you think you know the truth about something, when actually, you do not know the half of it. In reality, you are “creating your truth” that you know as you live it.

The mind's ability to affect the physical world can be augmented through practice. Intention is a learned skill. Like meditation, harnessing the 'true power of thought' requires practices. Lots of it.

If I hand you a musical instrument and say you have the capacity to use it to make incredible music, I am not lying. You do have the capability but, you will need enormous amounts of practice to manifest it. The same for using our minds for energy/Force work.

Well directed thought is a learned skill. To manifest and intention requires a laser-like focus, full sensory visualization and a certain-tude of knowing (beyond simple belief).

The 'power' of human thought grows (Geometrically? Exponentially?) with the numbers of minds that share that thought. Prayer groups, healing circles, singing/drumming in unison, worshipping en mass.

If thoughts affect the world, then we must be very careful how we think.

Children and adults shout “Abracadabra” playfully hoping to create something out of nothing. The word itself has it's roots in ancient Aramaic – Avrah KaDabra (or avda K'Davarah) – “I create as I speak.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dineara, Johannes (Yoshio), Alkayus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds