The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

• Thank you received: 113

Setanaoko created the topic: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

TB-1 and I both held the Puu (Bora) that was featured in this video. We took part in the first public ceremony that this shell was used in about two years ago.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: Re: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

Did you sense anything or feel anything from the shell?

Setanaoko replied the topic: Re: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

I felt a strong "power" coming from it. The first time -I- used it was at a sacred cave in Yomitan. The location had been selected for a couple of reasons.

1) The cave was home to victims of the Battle of Okinawa (spirits still reside there)
2) There was a stream next to the cave (which you have to walk down into, and it's a small grove of sorts surrounded by trees) which carries out to the Ocean.
3) There was trash all over the place where people could not get to safely.

About a week, week and a half later, the trash was gone. You could tell it had accumulated over time. Interestingly enough, there had not been any rain to carry the trash down stream. So either it dislodged some how, or someone figured out how to get down there and clean it up. I couldn't tell you.

But I do know that I did sense something powerful coming from the Bora. Even more so when Kahuna Sandra Rose used it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Stryse
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
  • Thank you received: 86

Stryse replied the topic: Re: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

Spirit manifests in the physical as water...

That just unlocked a small mystery I had with Dragon Runes and their construct of the elements.

Stryse
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Setanaoko replied the topic: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

*smiles* An update on this one, Samantha Larrison (if you are at Force Academy, she goes by the name "Samra") will be joining this tradition. I overnighted her my conch shell yesterday (mine was first used in Okinawa with Edo [the first person to organize this tradition], and has been used in a few places across the US). Now it's headed to the Dakota Access Pipeline protest with Samra for a ceremony she's going to perform to call upon healing and protection of the water way that will be affected. :)

I'm really proud of Samantha for her willingness to do this, as well as her strength to go out to an area that has been experiencing so much hostility. Whether you side with the Water Protectors or the Pipeline Company shouldn't really come into play with her decision. It's something she believes strongly in, and I hope that you all (if you believe in the practice) will pray/send energy with her as she takes this first step into activism for the environment.
:)

• Thank you received: 1848

Jax replied the topic: The Most Famous Conch Shell You'll Ever See

I hope we get to see some pictures or video. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Setanaoko

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds