The Year 2020

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1415

Johannes (Yoshio) created the topic: The Year 2020

I was wondering how all of you are feeling about this year 2020.
For whatever reason and with that I don’t want to say it is special to me, but this year’s number 2020 keeps popping up every now and then and in very different situations and contexts. By now it is enough to make me wondering why? Why this number? Why this year?
I would be very much interested in hearing about your experiences and how you all feel about 2020?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: The Year 2020

It could be a big year for you. It also could just be the nice repetition of the numbers. I know I have this feeling when it comes to repetitive numbers, and this is the only one of our lifetime. I guess we'll know in about 2 years either way, but I haven't heard anything about anything specific about 2020. It's very possible it will be a great year for you though!

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: The Year 2020

You see, that is something I’m not so sure about. Right now it feels like as if it will be a year with a lot of changes and those can be good or bad. What do I mean with that? Just a few examples from the top of my head:
- 2020 the frame contract between the company I’m working for and Airbus will come to an end. No one yet knows what then will happen.
- 2020 the reached agreement between the IG-Metall (a sort of country wide workers council) and the industry will end and has to be negotiated anew.
- Somewhere mid 2019 I will finish to pay back the money I got for the Sabbatical Year to the company which makes me more independent and free in my choices again. Which is, obviously, a good thing.
- Also my wife will have to make her final decision on giving up her job at Nissan or returning to it around that time latest. We had a long and winding talk about this topic just yesterday night.
- In autumn 2019 or little one will be officially able to join the Kindergarten which, obviously, will be one of the first big changes in her life.
There had been more things but they slipped out of my mind right now. I might add them, once the come back and if there is interest.

Thanks for the information that You, Jax, haven’t heard anything specific about 2020. As You said, it might just be a personal thing. ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: The Year 2020

Life is change.

As a family, change will come. The little one is growing up. Next year she starts her first steps in the school system. This is the first step 'away' from constant care. There IS the whole... where will we decide to live... in Europe or your wife's home turf.

Perhaps this dovetails with your work concerns? At just about the time you must decide 'where to live as a family', your work situation may change drastically. Perhaps this will be a time when it is wiser to 'make changes' -- in work AND in where you wish to grow your family?

Luckily, you have time to make plans.... contingencies. A good "here are the logic tree choices" chart can help keep it all in focus and keep worry from clouding decision making. Which ever 'branch' you decide to follow, at least you will not be blindsided by what is the next step... with a little family planning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Aye, many thanks for your words, Kol Drake. Preparation is the key, as so often, and my wife and I are openly talking about this and what options and opportunities there might be our could show up.
The biggest advantage we have as a family is, that we are flexible. One reason for this might be that Germany, where we live right now, isn't the mother country for neither of us and as my wife is also flexible in her job preferences, maybe due to being Japanese and therefore not has the rigidity of "I studied this and therefore I have to work in this area" system, and I do have some options too due to already going through a major change from building site manager to aerospace design engineer and having a Feng Shui Consultant education in the back hand.
So yes, planning and preparing are the keys and then, when time comes, being flexible enough to go with whatever opportunities show up.

NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: The Year 2020

Wow, that's a lot all lining up for that time Yoshio! Sounds like it will be quite interesting. Good thing you have a lot of beneficial tools, including MBOs, so you can navigate it as well as possible. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Aye, I’m confident that the things learned here at the IJRS and elsewhere will, once again, come in handy and help me to find my path and take the opportunities which will, I’m sure they will, show up.
It doesn’t get boring! ;)

NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds