2017 - The Year that Went Sideways

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake created the topic: 2017 - The Year that Went Sideways

Firstly -- I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday observance you follow)... but, then I realized that might be a Sentence Clause... which might piss off Santa Claus so... nvm.

Secondly -- While this year has been a cross between a rollercoaster ride off the rails and a full blown sh**storm, I hope you all have kept the faith -- in your skills, your friends, your center -- and not let this wild ride take you out of the game. As Jedi, I am proud of you all -- those who have stuck with it; those who have come back; those who only practice on Jedi (or Sith) Holy Days. (Think the only holy day is "half price ticket" screenings but...)

Third most -- Sorry, the forum has not been a bee hive of hyper activity. The year... well, we already covered that. Plus, we are all deep in making LIFE work. Which is cool. We always state, "Take care of Life first; then get on with Living (as a Jedi)." I've written and deleted about 7 different 'new' and/or revised Force 100 series lessons... waiting for the newest movie (Dec. 15th !!!). I want to see how the Force is presented and handled for this 'new generation'... instead of me trying to get all you whippersnappers to follow the stuff that brewed and grew from 1977 through the 2000s. We shall see soon!

Lastly -- Again, I am proud to be a part of this community and to have 'known' all you guys and gals. With each post, lesson response, and chitchat -- we all learn and grow as individuals and as a community. This is a good thing. Hats off to all the web folk, teachers, mentors, administrators, contributors, and 'ghosts' who have kept this place alive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Chris-Tien Jinn, Katie (StormyKat)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1448

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: 2017 - The Year that Went Sideways

Many thanks for this post, Kol Drake.
I would like to add my thanks to this. Me too, I'm very happy and proud to be part of this Jedi Realist Path and the Institute and I'm glad that I had the chance to get to know all of you and doesn't matter how active or inactive someone is, everyone is always ready to jump in and help. Keep it up, all the good work you all do!
And for the rest, take care, stay well and let the Force guide you on your individual Paths! :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat)

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: 2017 - The Year that Went Sideways

That's a great name for this year. It's been a challenging and unpredictable one. But, this is also what makes our lives so much greater. If we push through the challenges, use our tools, and keep improving ourselves, it will pay off.

For myself, I don't even know when I can go see the new movie between finances and work schedules. But I'm working on it for next week and a matinee. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds