Curious...

• Thank you received: 36

Sam Thift created the topic: Curious...

...is the low-activity here indicative of some of the forum issues of late...or just low-activity in general?

I've rarely been online at the same time as anyone else...or at least anyone else who pops up in the "Chat" box...have noticed issues toggling my own "status" to "online" as opposed to the seeming default option of "away"...and despite having gone through everything for the Intro Course and Creed 101...have not gotten any confirmation that either of the two have been satisfied...

Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick
  • Don't Stop Believing... in yourself!
  • Thank you received: 131

Nick replied the topic: Curious...

The forum isn't as active with discussion as other Jedi sites, but the discussion that does occur, especially in your coursework assignments, is very thoughtful and enlightening. Just be patient. The instructors have been busy recently with offline matters. Send the lead instructor a PM when you complete an assignment if you want to ensure they don't miss your posts.

Personally, I go a week to a month (or even longer) between assignment posts depending on the assignment and personal life. I believe most courses are designed for one chapter, lesson, or assignment per week.

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Sam Thift

Sam Thift replied the topic: Curious...

Thanks for that...I am generally rather patient, although it goes against my nature, but I was just starting to get curious about it.

Totally get that people have other things going on...and/or dozens of other postings to digest at the same time as mine...I think I did PM the Creed 101 instructor to let him know I was starting the material...but never heard back at all, so got to wondering...and pumped the brakes before going into Jedi Studies 101...

But then the little forum hiccups just made me wonder.

I have enjoyed the feedback and what nots I got during the Intro Course...Yoshio was particularly helpful! Obviously a little less traffic here, but the materials a good and sometimes a nice respite from trying to understand some of the busier personalities.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1762

Kol Drake replied the topic: Curious...

As Nick noted, the 'old way' was for each lesson to be 'a week' -- that gave the instructors who are working, raising a family, etc. while also working on the site TIME to read and respond. Then again, this IS the summer season and many are also taking time off to be with extended family, etc. -- so, not every instructor is available 24/7.

Johannes (Yoshio) has been on vacation during the end of June and first few days of July. He has had a week to get back to his job and try to catch up on all the IJRS entries while he was gone. Please give him time to process it all. Time & Patience.

Be that as it may, we Do read all entries.
I have tried to stay up on all -- even commenting when I don't feel I am butting into the instructor's way. Since I am NOT the official instructor for those particular courses, I can not wave the magic wand and give 'complete' status. That takes the primary instructor. And that means they have to have time to read; review; and form any questions over what you presented. Again, as Nick noted: Time.

Yes, this latest site hack messed things up for a bit. And it will still be a bit before it's all ironed out. That is the downside to open InterWebs -- anyone can screw things up if they so desire. We ask for a bit of patience as the kinks are ironed out and the code is massaged into shape again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick, Sam Thift

• Thank you received: 1344

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Curious...

As it had been said, unfortunately it seems that, especially in your case, some things fall together of which the latest problems with the forum are not the only ones.

I guess, by now and as You are already working on Creed 101, You have seen that You got the official go, thumbs up from me for the Introduction Course. I already pushed your work over to the completed section. Here is my last post to your work: Sam Thift Introductory Coursework - Last comment from Johannes (Yoshio)

As for Creed 101, whom did You contact?
If it had been Beral Khan, I have to say that I'm afraid that he is not any longer with the Institute as an instructor as far as I'm aware of and the same goes for David (Phoenix). It might be a good idea to drop Jax a line and see what she can tell You about the situation or, when checking the work of others, it seems like that now Kai-An Tatok is covering this course. So it might be worth to send Kai-An a line.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Sam Thift

As always...thank you so much Yoshio...very helpful.

Hope I did not come across as impatient...more or less, as evidenced by the "subject" line....Curious.

I think it was Beral Khan I sent a PM to in late May about starting up on Creed 101...him not being active involved anymore would explain the lack of response :) Just tried to PM Kai-An...but had a fatal error when I sent it.

Such is life.

Don't worry, I and I guess most of us can perfectly understand what it feels like when waiting for something we are interested in and put some energy to. ;)

As for the PM, I had the same issue when I sent some out lately and I don't know if the gone through or not.
Another thing You could check is, if Kai-An has an e-mail address available with her profile and send your message to it if there is one.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam Thift

Johannes (Yoshio) wrote: ...Another thing You could check is, if Kai-An has an e-mail address available with her profile and send your message to it if there is one.

SO resourceful...thanks again, for the thousandth time in my short stay!

No problem, You are welcome. :meditate

NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: Re:Curious...

Btw you can always message me if you aren't getting a response from an instructor. Sorry for these delays. I also missed a lot of these threads so am catching up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds