Grey Jedi Code

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)
  • Kerena (Atanaihawke)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 183

Kerena (Atanaihawke) created the topic: Grey Jedi Code

I'm a little behind the curve (A LITTLE?! EGADS! :P ) so bear with me.
What do you make of the Grey Jedi Code?

I am that I am, the Love of Spirit.
I am that I am, the Peace.
I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

I think it's a way to address the weaknesses in the original code, since it was written by a fiction writer and not someone walking the path. There are weaknesses here too. Saying "I will do what I have to to maintain balance (paraphrasing) opens a whole can of worms where the ends justify the means. And that's an easy path to darkness as well.

I think you'll find that we already take a balanced 'grey' approach at IJRS. Using the light code already supports much of what is in the grey code if you use the mantra version (emotion, yet peace) rather than the 'there is no' version.

My perspective on the Jedi path is not putting balance before everything but AWARENESS before everything. Awareness is what guides us to creating more light and neutralizing the darkness. In doing that we are not lead down the path of darkness and we don't have to try to figure out balance. Balance is in the Universe and far to big for us to figure out with our minds. But if we seek awareness then we will naturally be providing balance along the way. Does that make sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Kerena (Atanaihawke)
  • Kerena (Atanaihawke)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 183

Kerena (Atanaihawke) replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

Thank-you for the clarification. It makes sense now. :)

I am that I am, the Love of Spirit.
I am that I am, the Peace.
I am that I am, the Joy.
Namaste!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

I don't have much to add to what Jax already said as she, at least to my feelings, had hit the nail on the head already. In the past and maybe at other places still to day there had been many discussions about what it means to be a Light Jedi, a Grey Jedi, a Shadow Jedi, a Dark Jedi, a Sith or what not. At the IJRS, at least as I experience it, we don't care about what colour one gives to one's individual Jedi Path as long as one is contributing and discussing with respect here at the board.

As for the balance topic, I would like to share one story which my Feng Shui teacher told us and to me it also makes perfect sense. Although we all always speak of that we want to find balance and keep balance in all the things we do, it actually, should we ever be able to really achieve it, means that perfect, full balance would mean, in a sort of way, death as nothing is moving anymore. Everything would be neutral, balancing out, be zero. The, for me, perfect example she gave for that is the Yin-Yang symbol where the one includes a small part of the other which makes it ever evolving, ever turning, ever progressing and therefore gives life to things.

This story together with what Jax wrote in her post is what makes the IJRS for me the perfect place to study, to learn and to share my Path with all of you.
I'm striving towards the light with the highest awareness I can achieve so that I'm able to be the guiding light for those who follow and those who might have lost their path and cannot find their way back and therefore need a light which brings them "home". :mediate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

I mostly see the Grey Jedi path as splitting hairs a bit; I can't see any actual difference between Grey Jedi and Light Jedi, other than an aesthetic one. We are all Jedi, working on the same goals, walking the same path. We all want balance, which is a state of health and wellbeing for all people, not equal amounts of good and bad.

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Jax, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1937

Kol Drake replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

In some of the books and hand wavy 'theory', Gray Jedi were those who tried to 'balance' between the Light and Dark sides of the Force. With the Disney retcon of the timelines and stories, that has kind of gone away (for now).

One does have to wonder though. The Jedi were the Jedi because they spent thousands of years working with the Force and seeing 'what worked' and what didn't. The Order was the way it was due to all those generations of Force users working it all through. And then someone with a decade or so of training and barely a grounding in all that comes along and disagrees with all the policies and procedures and decides the Dark side can teach them 'as much' as the Light side.

Ya... like that works well in ANY structured institution and/or society. Chances are, the 'upstart' ends up slipping into the Dark and then either falls all the way or has to have some Light help to keep from having their face melted away when an apprentice gets tired of THEIR teaching methods.

I am not saying the Order is perfect. Far from it... in the movies and the books we've been exposed to. Is the Council infallible? Again... nope... totally 'human' and able to miss important stuff. Does that mean the centuries of learning/lessons/training is 'bad'? No. The bedrock principles are sound. The training is good. As with 'free will' and all that kind of stuff -- it is the person who decides how 'good' or 'bad' they will be about holding to the ideals / principles.

If someone 'likes' dressing in shades of gray... because they are tired of taupe and browns -- that's cool.
But, don't think that dabbling in the Dark side makes you a 'better' Jedi... Imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jax, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Grey Jedi Code

I totally agree with previous asnwers but like to add what I learned yesterday in my yogacass. We were learning about the Svadhisthana CHarka, which energies are pleasure, sensation and dualism. We first learned how to sense and work with this energy (try to take a meditation pose and focus on the area just below the belly button and you will feel it) and than we learned the most important step is to be aware of it (like jax says) whenever you use these enrgies. When you practice something with passion (like arts) but also during sexual activities. It is easy to get lost in these energies ebcause they are so strong. That's why you always need to be aware. That's why monks, priests, etc. deny these emotions/energies, because people where to scared to be led by them rather than being aware and being in control of them.
So yes, be aware of what you do and what you feel. Don't see the world in black and white, everything is grey... that's what this code is about I think!

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jax, Kerena (Atanaihawke)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds