Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1762

Kol Drake created the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

For a moment, I was considering placing this in the 'book review' area but, since it's a movie and not a book. *shrugs*

And for another, this is NOT a review of the movie. Yes, I liked it and saw it in 3-D. End of review aspect.

The reason why I wanted to speak on the movie is how it relates to the Force and 'reality as we see it'.
It was spot on fantastic, imo. The Ancient One 'introduces' Dr. Strange to 'opening his eyes to a larger reality' and all she monologues -- could just as easily be someone speaking about the Force.

I am hoping I can find transcripts of the movie dialogue so I can cut and paste it here in the near future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 457

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

You beat me to it! I was going to comment on some of the amazing metaphysical and Jedi like conversations that are had in that movie. I am going to have to see it again to get them all, I was partially distracted by Benedict Cumberbatch :blush: partially by his American accent (ick) and partially distracted by the waves of grief washing over me as I thought about my friend who recently passed and how much she would have loved the movie.

I love the idea that there is more to this world than what we can see. That you have to surrender to fully appreciate it (says the girl who must control everything :whistle: ) and the discussion on life/death.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

• Thank you received: 230

Baru replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

I look forward to seeing it. I am glad that "magic" is in the MCU! Just wait till Dr Fate comes to DC. That will enhance people's awareness to higher or greater consciousness. There is something greater out there.

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

I haven't seen it yet, we don't have a babysitter at this point. But, since this is focused on how it relates to the Jedi path I moved it into another area. :-)

I'm a huge fan of using different approaches to opening people up to a larger world. Hopefully this movie assists in this manner.

I am so glad that this movie is doing well. raising and expanding consciousness. To learn that its not "all about you" - the same lesson Magneto tried to teach wolverine.
I am glad to see magic again. We need some right now.

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 144

Dustin replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

It's been a while since I've seen it at this point so I don't remember specifics but I recall really enjoying the "focus determines reality" message of the reality presented. The battles, I thought, made for good illustration that being spiritually powerful is as much about adaptability as it is discipline. My bias may have filtered my viewing though. B)

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Thank you received: 1761

Jax replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

I will definitely watch it when it comes on dvd.

This movie could be used as an educational tool.

We are the Force.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

And now... in 2017 we are seeing clips in YouTube.

The one I've waited for is linked here. The person that made this forgot to include the 'best part' of the entire sequence. After showing Doctor Strange several illustrations concerning chakras, a full body MRI and accupuncture points, Strange waves it all off as 'books I've seen in airport gift shops'. Hence the Ancient One's question at the end of this clip.

I am also not absolutely certain her entire dialogue is included. It had some excellent points I'd love to have as 'standard teachings' in the IJRS. Guess I'll have to buy the DVD and do a transcription one of these days.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Doctor Strange - The Movie 2016

In everyday life we are SO SURE we know how things are; the way things 'should be'...

Here at the IJRS, we try to show that if you open your eye(s), there is a greater Truth 'out there'.

Sure, it is not all unicorns farting rainbows and tinkerbells sprinkling happy dust. It can leave you pissed -- or scared to come out from under your bed covers.

That is why we emphasize 'being prepared' for whatever might come your way... even stuff stranger than Strange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jax

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds