relationship tips

• Thank you received: 244

Baru created the topic: relationship tips

I am doing some research on coaching and I found this: 10 tips for a relationship. I feel that any interaction with an other being is a "relationship" .
I enjoyed them.

What do you think of them?
Are there any that you would change?

Give your spouse a compliment. Better yet, brag about your spouse to others when
your spouse is in earshot. It will boost self-confidence, and your spouse will want to
continue making you happy and proud.
Find something to laugh about. Laughter helps us cope with stress and the pressures of
our busy lives. A sense of humor helps marriages survive problems, large and small.
Have a shared activity both of you enjoy. It can be anything from going out to
dinner, dancing, or gardening. You may need to make time to do them together, but this is
a great way of keeping intimacy alive and well.
Treat your spouse the way you want to be treated. Be respectful if you want to be
respected. This approach helps establish the fact that both parties have a responsibility
in the marriage.
Take time to touch. The value of human touch is amazing. Eight to ten meaningful
touches a day help you maintain physical and emotional health.
Be willing to compromise. Give up some of your wants for the sake of what your
spouse wants. Identify the situation as a compromise to avoid having unresolved anger or
resentment later.
Give a smile. An easy but powerful way to value your spouse is to smile and tell your
spouse how you feel.
Discuss the things that bother you. Letting things build up day after day without discussing
and resolving them leads to anger and resentment that hurt your marriage. The more quickly
something can be addressed and taken care of, the more time you will have for the enjoyable
and healthy parts of your relationship.
Communication is key. Without communication, any team is in trouble. It is important to
communicate your thoughts, plans, ideas, and opinions on a consistent basis. Equally
important is communicating your feelings—the joys, sorrows, and frustrations we all experience.
Chart your course. Charting a course establishes a shared vision for your marriage. It
also can be useful to establish some markers to ensure you are moving towards your goals

We are the Force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1937

Kol Drake replied the topic: relationship tips

Nice list...

For 'other' stuff on relationships -- we have a multi post novella -- >> Love... and well ya... that stuff <<

which touches on 'how to act / react with another'. It's always good to remind one's self about how one should interact with the greater world -- and those we wish to share it with.

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: relationship tips

I can only second that what Kol Drake wrote. I feel that this list is very essential, especially the part about that communication is key and to share one's feelings and what is bothering, troubling one. As our feelings are exactly that, our feelings it is very difficult for others, if they are not fully empathic, to understand why we feel the way we feel and what is triggering our feelings and emotions.

It had just been lately that my wife asked me something and I gave only a quick reply without giving it much of a second thought. But when she got up and left the room I immediately felt that something was wrong. So I asked her what was causing the problem and why she is now feeling sad. She told me that my short answer, although it was not meant that way, felt to her as harsh and from above which, obviously, made her feel sad.
If we wouldn't have talked about that, I wouldn't have come to this knowledge, this understanding and therefore wouldn't have been able to change my behaviour in the future.
So, sharing things, talking about things and being open with one's emotions and feelings is, as I do feel, key to a healthy relationship or in other words, the more empathic we can the easier it will become to deal and live with others.

So, again, very good list.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Baru replied the topic: relationship tips

My post can be moved to that thread, if it helps.

We are the Force.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1937

Kol Drake replied the topic: relationship tips

It's cool.

Perhaps others can come up with suggestions or addendum to this list and see what dovetails between the two post threads. Knocking the dust off 'older topics' is always a good thing. It can be a reminder to those who forgot about such things and can be a 'fresh airing' of topics many are dealing with in one form or another.

Baru replied the topic: relationship tips

I generally enjoy reminders.

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds