Daily contributions to the world

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1900

Jax created the topic: Daily contributions to the world

When you think of changing the world, what comes to mind? Big actions like buying miles of rainforest? What about the supposed little things, like smiling at someone on the sidewalk? Anything can change the world. You probably changed the world in multiple ways just this week but didn't realize it. This thread is to assist you in recognizing ways that you impact the world around you. It doesn't need to be only positive impact either.

I challenge you to add to this thread abd the gratitude thread daily, or as frequently as you can. Gratitude and acknowledgement are powerful tools for change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re:Daily contributions to the world

Yesterday I bought cookies from the cookie lady downtown. She sells them in 3 packs. As I returned to work a young woman was holding a sign asking for money. Without really thinking I asked her if she wanted a cookie and gave her one. She certainly wasn't expecting my offer but I believe it cheered her up, gave her some needed sigar and calories, and more important told her she was seen. I don't know for sure, but I have found whwn I act without thought like this it is because I am led by the Force to act. It was pretty cool.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Another thing from yesterday is I helped a supervisor at work. The building was running a fire alarm test, which we couldn't hear because they only turned on the alarms on the first floor. However, the system did make it so we couldn't get into our offices. She was locked out so I realized I could call the security folks and get them to help her out. So I learned something valuable about what happens during a fire alarm, was able to quickly help a supervisor back into her office, and hopefully gained a few bonus points for me. :-) If I hadn't helped, who knows how long it would have taken her to get that help? And since English isn't her first language her accent might have slowed down the communication as well.

What contribution can I be today?

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Daily contributions to the world

Yesterday I went to a drugstore close to our apartment and as I was looking around in the shop for my stuff a elderly lady approached me and asked if I could be of help in the way to hand her down some bottles of vinegar essence which had been out of her reach. Obviously I did and had been happy to be of help.

As a side note - This little "story" my brother once shared with me and I would like to do so now with everyone who might read this here. He told me that he had found this small statement somewhere but I cannot remember anymore where. Anyway, what it said was that every time you pick up a stone, you actually already changed the world.
So, it doesn't always need to be the BIG actions to change and actually have an impact on our world.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Jax

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Daily contributions to the world

As a short person, I appreciate your actions as well. :-)

Today it's harder to come up with contributions, but I'm challenging myself with this. Yesterday at lunch I went to the food trucks (it's a thing that happens all summer a few blocks from work). I chose a truck that wasn't busy, was friendly to them, and then also chose to sit with two strangers and was pleasant with them as well. How much change did I create? No clue. lol

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Just now walking to the car and gave a man advice on moving to Colorado. Things like the job market is good but housing is expensive in denver but it's less crazy in other cities.

This reminds me. When you say energetically that you want to contribute the Force aligns to give you the opportunity to do so.

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 258

Memnoich replied the topic: Daily contributions to the world

I tried to find it but couldn't. A while ago there was a story floating around. In it a girl was talking about her brother that just on day started waving to everyone. After days of doing this, she asked him why he was waving to total stranger. He came back with " I had read that most people had left note stating that they committed suicide because they felt like no one noticed them" , so he was waving to make sure everyone knew they had been noticed, in hopes that it just might make the difference in that persons life.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

That's awesome!

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Daily contributions to the world

The last four days I had been at a Bujinkan Training Camp. I trained and talked with many different people, gave them feedback, had a chat or just enjoyed the time together. I don't know if I made any difference or not but I hope so. At least the people I met have made a difference in my life and helped me to develop and keep evolving.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Sounds great Yoshio!

Sunday we had our open house, which wasn't well attended, but was still worth doing. We have a neighbor who has interest in everything we offer and who I believe enjoyed coming over for a bit and getting to chat.
Yesterday I had a really nice little conversation with the cashier at the grocery store who was an older woman, probably a decade older than I or so. I think it contributed to her evening to talk about what first jobs should be teaching kids, and her role in teaching them, and the fun parts of supposed menial jobs. I didn't make her or her job wrong, which I'm certain happens often enough. And at the end of the night, a nice conversation can make all the difference in the world.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds