Increasing general participation publicly

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: Increasing general participation publicly

1. Daily Diamond is moved to the quotes folder now. You can subscribe to that whole board and never miss one again.
2. Within a thread is a subscribe button. That will send you notifications without replying.

Katie, did you get the email today with threads?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109

Anirac Morgan replied the topic: Increasing general participation publicly

I tend to scroll through the "recent posts" and see if there's anything for me to read and comment on. Mostly I see Daily Diamond posts and updates to course journals. Neither of which sounds like something I could add anything too. The types of posts I would be more inclined to post in would be posts either with good theoretical contents, on particular subjects like meditation, defense, esoteric stuff, etc, or perhaps personal subjects where I might have something of value to contribute with. If I was in a good state to write my own theoretical and esoteric pieces, to share, then I would. But I haven't had good muses in a good time, so the only times I have posted something has been when it's been posted on my Facebook and someone has specifically asked me to share it here. I do not myself put value to the things I write, unless it's on topics I am very engaged in; like mental health issues or LGBT stuff.

Basically I would love to be more active, but with the stuff that is in the recent post section there seems to be little I can contribute on.
And I just don't have the energy or state of mind to actually fix up new topics which might interest people. I could obviously be better at looking outside the recent posts, and see if I can find older stuff in the forum to post in, but not sure how good it would be to randomly bump older subjects just because it might interest me.
But I liked Kol's suggestions a page back. Topics that are "old news" to the people who have been here a while might be fascinating, interesting and worthwhile to newcomers and people who might not have the 8+ years under their belt. At my other forum older topics are bumped often, particularly after a wave of newcomers. It seems to help some in generating more activity.

Just my thoughts!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "There's always a bigger fish."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Kai Sabu

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: Increasing general participation publicly

First off, please value your perspective more. Second, a thread is rarely out of date unless it refers to an event. So yes, there is value in resurrecting an old thread you find interesting. So do that. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anirac Morgan

• Thank you received: 59

Oak replied the topic: Re:Increasing general participation publicly

Consider making use of other social media to cross-post links to the specific topics. It would be really easy to link to the Daily Diamonds there - which honestly I only just read about in the email from two days ago, so I have to now go check out!! I know the group's Facebook page points out things every so often, but it would be a really easy place to post specific things on a more regular basis. I'll work on being more active in the forums myself.

Aye, aye, I shall do my best. :)

And okay, when I got moments to spare I'll look around a bit, see if there are anything older that I might be able to contribute to, perhaps do some ressurection and see if it hits a tone with others as well!

I'm sure there's got to be a lot of pearls lying around that could shine with a dust-off :lol:

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Increasing general participation publicly

And make sure to set a SMART goal with it, Anirac. Even if it is bringing up one old post a week, that is still a major contribution. If even three people did that, that is three new (old) posts a week! And that is definitely an awesome start :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat), Anirac Morgan

I like to think all my goals are smart goals :D

(I jest, I jest...)

The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix)

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: Increasing general participation publicly

The only way to increase participation is for people to want to participate. Part of why other sites (one in particular) is SO successful is because they are all a family.

Sometimes the IJRS can feel cold, like a school. I mean, it is a school. haha. We have to get people out of their journals and courses and get them in "recess" more.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anirac Morgan

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds