Gratitude Thread!

• Connor
  • Connor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor created the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Hello everybody! I wanted to carry over a tradition from Temple of the Jedi Order. I'm positive they won't mind us "taking" the idea.

Here is the purpose and rule for this thread:
Share experiences and thoughts that come to mind when you are feeling particularly grateful! Feeling gratitude is an important spiritual exercise.
Don't just share it here, either! Share it with the party you're grateful to! But, sharing with us only brings us closer as a family.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus, Jax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

I'll start.

I am grateful for this website. It was quite seriously the reason I didn't become any worse of a person as a teenager. hahah. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Me too, I'm grateful for this website and that Jax invited me over back in the days whereat the page I had been used to learn and train was going to die. In this way I'm also very grateful for and to Jax as she made it possible for me to keep walking this Path of being a Jedi Realist. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

I'm seriously grateful for all the faculty here that keep this site running. They take time out of their busy lives to make sure courses are replied to, new courses are written and that we continue to all grow along the Jedi Path.

You guys are my family and I love you all :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus, Jax

• Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Awww...I'm grateful for all of you. I'm grateful that David/Phoenix finally jumped in and moved to colorado, and into our house. He's made it significantly easier on me by helping with the baby and having lots of discussions. It's very fun to create more.

I'd like to challenge everyone to make this the largest thread we have at IJRS by posting in it daily. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Atticus

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

I'm grateful for this forum all right, but especially grateful for all the new posts tonight. Let's Twain this place ("rumors of our death are highly exaggerated")..

I'm grateful for the people who came before me on this Path.

And I'm massively grateful for this thread. Second time today a gratitude thread has made me misty-eyed.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: David (Phoenix), Jax

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Oh yeah, one more. I'm grateful for all the new folks coming in and working their tails off in the Intro course. All of you keep me grounded and keep me "part of", and I need that more than you might know.
:meditate

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax, Eric Dranginis

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Today I am grateful for the internet. It allows us to communicate from all over the world and make new friends. Its also a great source of information and was to learn new and inspiring things in quick and more efficient ways. I'm extra grateful for it because its something I take for granted and only miss when I yell at it for not working hahahah
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Connor replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

Today I'm grateful for being tired.

Because, tired means that I've worked myself hard and I deserve rest.

And, Rest is a BEAUTIFUL thing.

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Gratitude Thread!

I'm grateful for the faculty chat we had yesterday. I felt we really created some good energy which finally resulted in this thread but is not limited to it.
I'm also grateful for the more fun chat we then had with other members of the IJRS using our chat here. For me it had been the first time to chat with other Jedi in that numbers besides a faculty meeting.

And on a more personal note, I'm especially grateful for the time I could spend and still can spend in Japan. It is a great and wonderful experience and for sure one of the best things I ever did in my life.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds