Is there a Chosen One?

• Mathias Garcia
  • Mathias Garcia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Mathias Garcia created the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Is there a prophecy stating about a chosen one or something like that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1829

Jax replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Are you referring to the fiction, to our reality, or something else?

What if you lived your life as if you were the chosen one? How would it change?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anirac Morgan

• Mathias Garcia

Mathias Garcia replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Our Reality.
I believe living as the chosen one would want me to become a role model, someone that people looked up to.

So why not do that? If you're wrong, all you've done is be the best you can be. And if you're right, you've done the same while also following your life path. And if we all do that, seems like we can do a lot of good. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1819

Kol Drake replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Since each person in this physical world -- all 7.3 Billion -- is unique AND connected to the Force, we are all 'Chosen Ones' in a certain way of thinking. Thanks to that 'divine spark', ALL-THAT-IS has 7.3 Billion ways to experience this good old rock of physicality. Imagine, one of 7.3 Billion, specifically chosen to live the life you are living right now / living the future life you will lead; experiencing it all as a 'partner' in the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jax, Anirac Morgan

• Thank you received: 1418

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Very good answers had been already given and I only would like to add to this that the "real" chosen one would never address her or himself as the chosen one as s/he might always live in doubt if s/he is really already the best version of what one can be.
In other words, by choosing to be the best version of oneself one can be(come), one is already the chosen one and for the rest, I feel that what Jax said, would apply the best.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Katie (StormyKat), Anirac Morgan

• Mathias Garcia

Mathias Garcia replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

I never addressed myself as the chosen one. I simply answered Jax's question on what would I do if I were the chosen one

• Thank you received: 1418

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

Sorry if there had been a misunderstanding from my post, it wasn't meant in your direction but as a general statement along the line that a true master will never address her or him self as such as s/he knows that there is always more to be learned but s/he might be addressed by others as master as they feel that they can learn from her/him and under this master's guidance.

So, hopefully no offense take as non was meant to be made.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1819

Kol Drake replied the topic: Is there a Chosen One?

It goes along the lines of what Yoshio posted --

Consider what is said by practically all the Medal of Honor inductees, the firefighters who ran into a blazing hell for one more rescue -- every cop, doctor, medic, teacher, next door neighbor who did something heroically 'above and beyond' the norm and they say, "I did what had to be done. I didn't do anything that anyone else would have done."

BUT, the truth is, no one else did -- THEY did... because it was 'the right thing to do'.

lol... suddenly I am reminded of a moment in the study library from the Harry Potter movies. Harry has been told he's 'the chosen one' and he replied to some comment since others (mostly female) kept looking at him with an appraising eye and he said, of course they are checking me out, after all I *am* the chosen one. --- He was promptly punched in the shoulder before his head got too big.

Seldom is 'the One' aware of their potential nor 'the Moment' when it all comes together.
Typically, it only afterward, in retrospection does someone recall, ah yes, he/she was the One.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Jax

Yet another thing to consider is that everyone really is the Chosen One. We have all been chosen for something in this life. It may be just one moment, and we may never know what that is while we are alive. This is why you are given tools in training to keep you firmly on your path. It pretty much guarantees that you end up where you should be to fulfill your 'chosen one' moments. :-)

Bet you didn't expect all these answers when you asked! Thanks for all the different perspectives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds