• Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1829

Jax created the topic: 4 habits to instill to be the leader of your life

mariashriver.com/blog/2015/08/4-ways-to-be-the-leader-of-your-life-dain-heer/
BY DR. DAIN HEER / TIPS FOR TRANSFORMATION & INSPIRATION / AUGUST 17, 2015

What does leadership mean to you? Is it about power? Is it about influence? Is it about status and titles?

This reality tells us that in order to be a leader, you must have followers. You must be the guru. You must be the advisor; the one in charge of others.

What if leadership is actually something entirely different? What if it has nothing to do with position or title or status? What if it’s not some sort of gift that some are born with, others acquire and still others will never have or function in? What if it has absolutely nothing to do with having followers?

From my perspective, leadership is about the willingness to be the leader of your own life regardless of whether anyone follows you or not. It’s about knowing what you know and trusting that knowing even when it doesn’t match anyone else’s point of view. In a word, leadership is about empowering you.

Here are some tips on becoming the leader of your life:

It All Starts With YOU
Are you willing to be the leader of your life? Would you be willing to know what you know and to follow it in all areas, from money to family to relationships to career?

You are the source for the creation of your life. What would it take for you to acknowledge that? What would it take for you to let go of all excuses and step into the power and potency of you?

2. Get Out of Judgment
Being a leader is not about getting others to see your point of view and to agree with it. It’s about letting go of all points of view and all judgment.

When you judge something as right or wrong, you actually contribute to its existence. Your judgment gives it more energy which makes it more solid and more difficult to change.

When you let go of judgment, when you are able to be with anyone and anything with no point of view, you are truly present and your presence is enough to create change.

Would you be willing to let go of judgment? Would you be willing to set yourself free? What would happen if you chose to step up and show up as the gift and contribution that you BE? What invitation would that be for others to do the same?

As more and more people say, “No matter what, I am not judging anymore! I am through with that! I WILL have me! I WILL be me! I will not apologize for who I am and what I know and I will give others permission to do the same!” Look out world. New possibilities are on the way!!

Ask for Change
When you see things that you wish were different, whether it be with your family, with your job or in the world, ask for change. So often we conclude that things will never change. We have decided that this is how it is and how it will always be. Because our point of view creates our reality, when we conclude this, guess what? Things don’t change.

What if you started to ask questions instead? Then next time you come up against something that you would like to be different, ask a question. What else is possible? How does it get any better than this? I wonder what it would take to change this? I wonder what I can contribute to that change?

4. BE It!
To be a leader is simply to know what you know and to follow what you know regardless of anyone else. You are not excluding anyone. If they choose to come along, they are certainly invited. And, if they choose not to, that’s ok too. It has no effect on you.

The key to leadership is to be you. You are the gift. BE it! BE the leader. BE the change. BE the invitation. BE the question. BE the possibility. BE the magic.

Choosing to be the leader of your life allows you to be a source for change in the world. When you realize that there’s a different possibility available, a possibility of a world where everyone and everything is included, you contribute that possibility to others.

What if things don’t have to be the way they were yesterday? What if they don’t have to be the way they’ve been for the last 20 years? What if tomorrow could be completely different, and what if we could choose what that would be like?

It truly does all start with you. Let go of judgment. Live in the question of what else is possible. Be the change you wish to see. Welcome to a whole new reality… one that is FULL of infinite possibilities!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

Asta Sophi replied the topic: 4 habits to instill to be the leader of your life

I like this! Being a leader of your own life is prerequisite to being an effective leader first - yes! Or - to be a HEALTHY one.

Getting rid of judgement was a doozie for me to overcome. I mean - tough. There are so many small and what seem to be peripherals that are an individual challenge that can prevent productive living - and can be such a weak link to someone who is cast into the position of leadership.

I took two years out, found a path, rediscovered it in a new way, and realized how much of a path is... what is discussed right here. If we cannot lead ourselves (yet a struggle from time to time for me) how can we be comfortable in any leadership position.

My guess is that what Maria Shriver is saying is that once you are a leader of your own life - the decorations of "leadership" no longer matter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds