Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

• Thank you received: 244

Baru created the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

I am wondering if you might know anything about this term?

There is a group called the D'jedi templar.
www.djeditemplar.us/

I have heard them call themselves the real "jedi". They go to raves and festivals. They bring white tents. and I hear they focus on healing arts. They are denoted by a "cosmic Key" pendent that looks like a ladder.

I have ready about the Being that use to resurrect people.
And I have read that the term is Egyptian and means "human - divine consciousness".

Is it possible that is this is the actual origins of the Star Wars "Jedi"?

We are the Force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 258

Memnoich replied the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

There have been many attempts to locate the "Origins" of the Jedi. This term was one, based off of a 4th century magician/prince, some talk about the Hebrew word Yeda, as it stands for Knowledge, or Jidaigeki, a japanese term for period piece/play.
Many have just thrown meaning to the words they find that are similar enough and call it good. So to hear about the D'Jedi Templar's, or even the wandering "Jedi" group of Europe is not surprising. Who knows, one day we may consolidate with the other "Jedi" groups and create and new group called something else, but combining the knowledge learned from all of the groups, but not yet.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1937

Kol Drake replied the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich, Baru

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 258

Memnoich replied the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

forgot about that discussion.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Baru replied the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

Mystery solved - many times over, lol.

Thanks for the links to past threads.

I like that people are thorough in their research.

We are the Force.

I did some more research on this word.

the "jed" is the tower - the phallic symbol of the masculine. the spine of Osiris. The creative power of creative energy channeled upward. I feel that this is similar to Kundalini and kundalini rising.

This is the clear, direct, singular, simple expression of the masculine energy.

This is similar to a sword. The sword is the same thing. and the sword is the "lightsaber". So the the Jedi is wealding a "d'jedi" - the symbol of masculine expression.

We are the Force.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1937

Kol Drake replied the topic: Dedi, D'jedi, Djedi - What do you know about this term?

Kept thinking about the above entry and how 'lightsaber' would equate to the masculine 'sword'... and thought.... what about female Jedi? Why would they be forced to wave about 'male symbols' and not their own symbols of power? So, like Baru, I did some digging into word orgins --

Vagina: (n.) passage from the uterus to the vulva. 1682, New Latin, from Latin vagina (sheath, scabbard) perhaps cognate with Lithuanian vozti (cover with something hollow), and Latvian vast (put a cover on), from Indo-European *wag- (sheath).

It can be no mistake that the term originated at about the time of insane witch hunts in Europe that saw thousands of women being raped, tortured and burned at the stake – apparently because vagina-bodied people were evil, their sexuality unbridled. Women were often accused of having intercourse with the devil himself after all.

So, the origins of our word “vagina” is from “sheath.” Given the origins of vagina, you might expect that the origins of the word “penis” would be “sword.” But actually not --

Penis: (n) 1676, borrowed perhaps through French penis (penis), or directly from Latin penis (penis), earlier *pesnis (tail). The Latin word is cognate with Greek peos and Sanskrit pasas (penis).

Sooooo, the origins of our word penis is from later Latin, where it had the same meaning, but it grew out of the idea of “tail.” So, if you were expecting the poetic metaphor of “sword and sheath,” then you are probably a little disappointed.

All that said, it is interesting how the idea of a tail could come to mean penis (as we know it), since there are certainly animals with both a tail and a penis. Vagina is also interesting because a sheath is something you store a sword in when you’re not using it in order to keep it (and you) safe. This is at least a little different from a vagina tends to signify.

At least with this set of words, there is no negativity associated with the words.
Whether this is because the words have been considered “clinical” and therefore they do not take on the connotative baggage that mutates them or perhaps it is because they predate the christian hatred of the body and sexuality, it’s hard to say. Body parts is body parts -- nothing 'dirty' about that.

And now, one has to wonder what sort of device/item a female Jedi might have to signify 'female power/empowement' IF one is to take the lightsaber to be all Baru noted.

There must be -- somewhere -- some symbology for 'strong female' other than the movies/cartoons' latest trends to give the females weapons and martial skills so they are basically just reinforcing traditional macho male behavior as the only acceptable way to be strong and independent? Is it really a good message to send to females that if you really want to be empowered, you have to physically beat people up? Men have often stooped to a violence-as-a-solution mentality. Do women have to become as violent as men and overpower people hand-to-hand to be on equal footing? Where are all the female role models who show that true strength is more than just punching and kicking?

At first I'd start to toss out 'Wonder Woman' as an example but she's been turned into a cross between Superman and (with the latest costume) some kind of semi Wolverine with her katar blades coming out of her bracers. She's 'all woman' who can kick but as well as Supes or the Bat. But that is sexiness laid over 'being macho' isn't it? Who are the strong figures -- in Star Wars or elsewhere who are strong, confident, empowering, etc. who don't have to be 'guys' to be seen as strong, confident, empowering, etc.?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baru

Well, if a man is sheathed, he can't be causing any problems so it is keeping other people safe, lol?
Or a man can only be with a women when there is no war, battle or fighting so it means that his sword is sheathed?

I do find all of the sexual terminology interesting. I find digging into words very revealing. I have explored reclaiming the words: Whore and Cunt. From my research, both are actually honorable terms that became to mean "bad" things later.

Just remember, we fear 13, the moon and Fridays - all female symbols
13 moons, moons are the reflection so the masculine sun and coincide with the menstrual cycle. friday is Friga's day - the deity of feminine power, fertility and other things.

From my research, most of the distortion around sexual references and power came from the Pauline Catholics. They fear the feminine. Or they want to subdue all things feminine so that only the Priesthood exists. Based on my new research the Priest is the consort to God and the only acceptable "feminine" energy allowed. They where long "dresses" and they server their "blood" (menstrual blood) for people to consume.

So I could see where the truth about the word D'jedi and Jedi would be lost to us. If we actually understood the powers within our genders and our sexuality, we would be powerful, confident and secure. We would not need the Church to do all that for us.

Also, in most religious spiritual iconography, the transexual or hermaphrodite is a powerful symbol. The God that is all things, and both sexes is the most powerful Deity. Most people refer to it as 'androgynous", but it is more like they are all sexes.

So a women wielding a lightsaber is very powerful. She has her feminine capacities and she is using the masculine. In a way, she is "both" sexes! That is hot.

We are the Force.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds