What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

• Thank you received: 244

Baru created the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

This is a fan question. This is a question about the clone wars and what happened to Ahsoka.

She is not a my favorite character but I have always had the question - what will/has happened to her character?

We all know about the purge. We know that Darth Vader activily kills all the remaining Jedi - so what happens to this character? Does Vader kill his apprentice or does he let her live?

I assume the reason for the clone wars ending is so that they do not have to address the obvious.

the plot writers made Ahsoka leave the Jedi order and resign being a jedi just so Vader did not/does not have to kill her.

This character became a fan favorite and I feel it would have been too devastating to the fans to see her die like all the rest of the Jedi.

When the clones wars introduced her, I knew that this conclusion would have to be addressed. I really believe that this was an oversight on the creators part. Why would they create a lovable character just to have her brutally killed by her master.

I do feel the way that this conflict of interests and plot lines was addressed was cop out but it did evade the pressure of a "real" answer.

So I am wondering what you think about this story devise to "save" a fan favorite character?

We are the Force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

I don't have a strong feeling about this, not being a regular consumer of anything outside of the movies, but I know from surfing Wookieepedia that it's something of a sore subject over there.
:fight
The master-padawan relationship between Ahsoka and Anakin was in some sense doomed from the start, because we already know from Episode III that Anakin doesn't have a padawan when the movie begins. But I don't hold to the view that just because she left the Order prior to the events of EpIII that Vader didn't eventually hunt her down while he was wiping out the Jedi who survived Order 66. He's pretty single-minded about that mission (I may be pretty ignorant about events outside the films, but I did play through The Force Unleashed), and Ahsoka is closer to him than just about anyone else in the Order except possibly Obi-Wan. I can't imagine that Vader would not have actively sought her out.

Or maybe he failed, like he failed to find Obi-Wan (don't get me started on that one) or Yoda, and a 70-year-old Ahsoka turns up in a cameo in Episode VII.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1939

Kol Drake replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

The Clone Wars spanned from 22 BBY to 19 BBY, when Dooku was killed and Order 66 was given and Anakin became Darth Vader.

Around 20 BBY, Ahsoka Tano's friend Barriss Offee, who believed the Jedi Order to be evil, and corrupt, and overly belligerent, orchestrated the bombing of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, killed the bomber, Letta Turmond, and caused the deaths of clone troopers while framing Tano for these crimes. While running away from Republic authorities and Skywalker, who still believed her to be innocent, Tano met her longtime nemesis Asajj Ventress and briefly allied with her, since both were on the run from their masters.

Tano was led by Offee, the only Jedi whom she still saw as an ally, into a trap at an abandoned Coruscant warehouse in Coruscant's Undercity, where she was captured by Skywalker's forces. The Jedi High Council then expelled Tano from the Jedi Order and turned her over to the Republic for trial. Tano came very close to a conviction and death sentence, but she was acquitted at the last minute by the forced confession of a captured Offee.

Following her trial and the revelation of Offee's treason, Tano was offered the chance to return to the Order by the Jedi Council, which referred to her ordeal as a trial with only Plo Koon actually apologizing to her. Ultimately, Tano chose not to return and walked out of the Temple, feeling that if the Jedi Council could not trust her, then she could not trust herself or them anymore. Skywalker tried to talk to her, but she felt she had to leave and said she knew that he also harbored an intent to leave the Order. She said she was grateful for her master's trust, but felt she could not stay there.

So, about a year before Episode III -- she was no longer an official Jedi.

The Life and Times of Ahsoka Tano
The following user(s) said Thank You: shea (shlomit)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

If you watch season six, they allude to what happens to her when Yoda goes on his secret training. If you look around Ashoka when Yoda has this vision, you see many popular Jedi that were slain in Order 66...so one can only guess....

In the event of spoilers, I will leave it at that. However, my guess is that she probably diminished her connection with the Force to the point that Anakin and her no longer had a connection. I would lump her into the 'force-adept not really a Jedi' category and say that there were many that could use the Force but were either expelled, left the order or couldn't complete the training.

Since the empire was trying to prevent a 'civil war with out end', my guess is there focus was solely Jedi and not anything that I just named above. My guess is that Anakin didn't even look for people like that. Although I do have to agree that as a viewer, I built a really strong empathy towards Ashoka and I hated how they just ended that part of the show. It kind of just...ended.

That all being said, given Ashoka's spirit and Anakin's training, I bet you if they ever say anything....they will say that she ran back to the temple because that place was a home for her. She learns of what Anakin is trying to do and remembers from their time on that one planet (that I can't remember) that he is fulfilling a destiny bigger than both of them. She probably still tries to fight him(to turn him back to the light side) and ends up loosing. Or, she receives the distress signal from Obi-wan and goes in to hiding in one of the lower levels of Coruscant, where she easily eluded her master before. At least, that's how my friend and I feel about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 244

Baru replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

I feel that they painted themselves into a corner the moment they created a character that was never represented in any of the movies and would challenge the established Canon. Also the emotional trauma that could be anticipated by "killing" a loved character. So when it came to the "end", I think they took the easy route to spare them all of this and to get back to the original canon.

In response to "ending" this transition as fast as possible, I wonder how they can continue the series with "Rebels". I feel they are complicating their own story just to keep it alive. They care more about the "money" than they care about honoring their own heritage. How does this new show "Rebels" comply with Force unleashed that states that Starkiller created the Rebelion? How does this fit with everything else in the canon story?

I bring this stuff up because I like to address things before they become an "issue" and I like to find a way to own all aspects of a thing I represent. I avoid "partially" representing things. I am not a "salad bar" or "buffet" style Jedist. So I am using this thread to get some assistance in accounting for the story line Mythology that is associated with my belief system.

What do you think?
How do Jediists account for what Disney is doing and going to do to the Canon?

We are the Force.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1939

Kol Drake replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

Remember, just this year Disney and Lucas stepped out and said, only the six movies and the Clone Wars cartoons were 'canon'... and that the upcoming cartoon series, 'Rebel' would also be considered canon. And some 4 books that come out this year.

So, the other books since the late 70s though 2010's are all similar to an 'alternate universe' concept... or Marvel's ULTIMATES versus their baseline comics universe characters.

As to 'Rebels' -- here is Disney's released information --

Star Wars Rebels is a forthcoming animated television series set five years before the original trilogy, during the time frame between the films Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

The series will follow a motley group of rebels — the crew of the starship Ghost—and their struggles against the oppressive Galactic Empire. The Ghost's crew consists of the former Jedi Kanan Jarrus, the teenage con artist Ezra Bridger, the Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla, the alien enforcer Zeb Orrelios, the Mandalorian graffiti artist Sabine Wren, and the astromech droid Chopper. A primary theme of Star Wars Rebels will be exploring the origins of the Rebel Alliance.

• Thank you received: 92

shea (shlomit) replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

Disney can say what ever they want, only the fans matter. :obiwan
I couldn't careless about what canon and what is not after they fired all of Lucas Arts employs.

What i think about how Clone Wars end is that Ahsoka Tanos part was to gives the story of Anakin turning to the dark side another perspective. By giving him a real reason to distrust the council and a real tragedy. At the end she even confessed that she knew all about Anakin and Padme. All you see in the movie is an angry anakin looking to protect everybody around him almost fanatically but you don't see why or what drove him into this kind of behavior. I am not trying to undermined her part in this story, i have learned a lot from her as i did from other characters (Clone Wars has some amazing female characters which i would defiantly call role model materiel). Also by leaving the order she proves there is something wrong with it, which if you remember the council was unaware of Palpatines plan all long. In season 6 you see just how much they were blinded. There are many questions answered in this story.

Also lets not forget that season 5 aired in 2012 and the third movie in 2005 :-P

..."Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty

Careless realism costs souls"....(-Nightwish)

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

I really liked Ahsoka in The Clone Wars. Maybe they'll bring her back in the new movies.

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

Going a little off topic- when did Ashoka hint at knowing about padme and anakin???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk- please forgive typos!

• Thank you received: 92

shea (shlomit) replied the topic: What happened to Ahsoka Tano?

Anakin: "I understand, more then you realize. I understand wanting to walk away from the order".
Ahsoka: "I know"

That is what I think this means, I could be wrong :-)

..."Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty

Careless realism costs souls"....(-Nightwish)

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds