Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

• betony
  • betony's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

betony created the topic: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

Hi, everyone -- Aimee and I from JRC will be at the Star Wars Celebration IV in May, and wanted to invite any other Jedi online to join us and others for community, socializing, and general getting to know each other.  Below is a general announcement of what we're trying to do... personally, the more this event resembles a Jedi gathering, the happier I'll be.  We really hop to meet you there!

The Jedi Resources Center (JRC), an online community dedicated to promoting and organizing offline meetings and communication between real-world Jedi, is sending representatives to the Star Wars Celebration IV, being held in Los Angeles May 24-28, 2007.  We would welcome any interested people to join us during this celebration to discuss Jedi realism, living the Jedi path in the real world, offline meetings including Jedi Chapters and Gatherings, JRC resources, the future and growth of the Jedi Community, and much more.  We are also interested in organizing some limited training opportunities at the Celebration itself, subject to participant interest.  Look for us in the Celebration Fan Exhibit Hall, where we are working on getting a table!  Other specific events planned include:

JRC JEDI COMMUNITY DINNER on the last night of the convention (Sunday, May 27th), 7:00 pm at La Bella Cucina restaurant.  This will provide a great way to find other Jedi in your area, or sharing your specific interests, and to meet a lot of new Jedi from different online sites or offline groups.  Estimated cost of dinner is $8 - $12 (entree only), and Bella Cucina is only one block from the cenvention center, an easy walk.  Please RSVP to Betony if interested so we can make reservations, or to get further details.

BREAKFAST MEETINGS for fellowship and meditation at the Holiday Inn, 8:00 - 9:00 each day during the Celebration (meditation on the patio, followed by breakfast or coffee at the Emerald Grill inside) EXCEPT Thursday.  This is a chance to sit down and talk with a smaller group about Jedi Gatherings, local support or chapters, or whatever else you're interested in.  Planned activities include:
    * Friday: Ma/Om breathing meditation, guided and easy for beginners
    * Saturday: Guided visualization, taking you first to your inner Jedi training grounds, then into Yoda's Cave to find your unique lightsaber crystal
    * Sunday: Chakra meditation, using sound and Sanskrit sacred syllables to awaken the seven chakras (this one gives strong energy feelings - very refreshing!)
    * Monday: Guided past-life regression.  This will feel very short in this timeframe, but the same technique can be used at home to explore further

If you are interested in hanging out with fellow Jedi Realists at this great event, please contact Betony at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or Moonshadow at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to coordinate plans.  Or you can also call us at 970-290-9160 or leave a message for Betony at the Radisson during the Celebration itself.  You can also check out the JRC ( www.jediresourcecenter.org ) for more information.  Hope to see you there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: Re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

I wish I had the ability to go.  However, I hope you have an awesome time, and find some receptive people.  :-)

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

Total 'Star Wars Celebration' envy going on here....

• msgypsysolo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

msgypsysolo replied the topic: re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

yeah me too, wish could go, envy ...
but am happy that this is an opportunity you both (and anyone else who can too) have ...:)

• betony
  • betony's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

betony replied the topic: Re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

You know that saying "youth is wasted on the young"?  Well, it's kinda like that... I am loving the idea of going because I might meet great people and get to hang out with Aimee, but the whole idea of 5 days of 12-hours-a-day Star Wars is actually a bit much for me.  I hope the fan table comes through so I have work to do, and I hope I get to spend a lot of time in the hotel hot tub.  That probably seems a bit crazy...

I do thank you for the good wishes, though.  This is no doubt one of those things that would be a lot more fun in bigger groups, and so maybe knowing now about this (and how to do it) we can start early planning for next year.  If we had 6 or so going from the Academy and JRC we'd get a lot done and have a blast.  So think about Memorial Day weekend, 2008...

Once I have a solid full time job, then I will be able to do things like this.  This year is just bad timing.  But our hearts will be with you, lending support.  I know it will be exhausting!  :-D

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

Well, when we do get our greencards and move the US, you can bet that I'll be there as often as possible (little padawans in tow).  :trooper

Inari

Oooh, in costume?!

• Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Re: Star Wars Celebration IV -- Los Angeles in May

Muahah, I can actually go (I think)! I love living in California... I'm not quite sure what day, probably saturday or sunday, but I'll drop by the table and hopefully show up for morning meditation if I can talk my parents into driving me that early. Although they're a little nervous about it- Hopefully having them meet some real Jedi will assuage their fears that everyone online is a mass murderer... ^_^;;

Much love,
Kai-An

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds