Quiet

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1900

Jax created the topic: Quiet

Experience has shown that a board only remains active when the leaders are active and pushing people to think and post.  This is showing itself true right now, as the faculty members have been very busy working on curriculum and other larger community issues behind the scenes.  This leaves less time for us to start discussions.

I say this because there's no reason for this to be the case.  There's no reason why any student here can't start a thread.  Are you concerned you will look foolish for asking a question?  Do you think you don't know anything or have anything of value to share?  This is simply not true.

Everyday life brings up situations to learn from, stimulating questions and new understanding.  Don't just keep that in your head, share them here.  Ask the questions that have remained within your head.  Chances are many others have asked the same question.  Share a new understanding, you just might trigger understanding in another.

This is your community.  But it only feels this way if you are involved in it.  Don't allow fear and insecurity to quiet your voice.  This is a safe place to share.  No faculty will put you down, and anyone else who is not respectful of others will be dealt with.  So please, speak up. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Quiet

I very much agree a leader sets the tone of any site.  If the leader grows disinterested, so do the members....

Summertime it's harder to log in, when there are so many outdoor activities and other distractions.  But it is nice on a quiet night to just sit by an open window and discuss the spirituality/philosophy that is the Jedi.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Quiet

But the leaders aren't always disinterested, just incredibly busy.  Currently not only are we revising curriculum which is a very large project we're working with other sites to address issues of online safety and such. 

My main point is that it's not necessary for the leaders to have to prod people to get them to discuss, this should happen freely. 

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Quiet

Oh Jax...you are about the most ACTIVE Jedi around!!!  LOL!  I don't know how you do it all! ;)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Quiet

Pure insanity or stubbornness - take your pick hahahahaha

• Thank you received: 0

Jedi Lawhead replied the topic: Re: Quiet

Let's all keep at it and perhaps we can inspire others to join in the conversation! :fight

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love.

• ThesNazudSJK
  • Shadow Operative

ThesNazudSJK replied the topic: Re: Quiet

insanity :yoda

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Quiet

Both.

• Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Re: Quiet

Neither?
^_~

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata

• Alchemic_Wrath
  • [Looking for a Mentor]

Alchemic_Wrath replied the topic: Re: Quiet

All of the below...@_@ I wanted to be different...

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds